Group Homes for Special Needs Adults
Ohana provides 24/7 family-oriented, informed, and specialized care for adults who receive services through the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). We strive to provide every adult an unconditional sense of dignity, love, and support as they grow to learn their unique skills and value.
Ohana’s group home settings are carefully designed to truly be a home for the individuals that live there. Each adult’s unique history, preferences, and needs are considered when setting up bedrooms, meal plans, activities, and common areas of the home. Each home is as uniquely and carefully designed as the adults who live in them.
Although every home is unique, every Ohana home offers:
- Birthday / holiday celebrations
- Family meals
- Vacations (80% of our kids go on two vacations, camping trips, or camps per year)
- Community Outings (e.g. participation in sports, school clubs, cheer, volunteer work at local organizations, youth group etc.)
- Individual faith and religious practices honored
- Optional family dog within the home (therapeutically trained, hypoallergenic Labradoodles)
Before moving in, we work closely with each person and his or her team to best learn all personalized needs, favorite activities, likes, and general background information so the transition is as comfortable and pleasant as possible.