*We no longer serve women with children at the Anchor House.
Program guidelines: The Anchor House provides young adults with transitional housing as they age out of foster care, supporting them to become independent successful adults within the community. You must be between the ages of 18-21 years old in order to apply. As of now, we are only accepting females. Once you have submitted an application, the Youth in Transition Coordinator will follow up with you to schedule an interview if they feel you are a good fit for the program. If accepted into the program, you will be required to meet with the Youth in Transition Coordinator to go over the program guidelines, schedule, and goals. At this time you will need to provide confirmation of your subsidy, ID, insurance card and voluntary agreement before you can move onto the property.
- Must be meeting and continue to meet the requirements of the Arizona Young Adult Program (YAP)
- Must be enrolled in school, a training program, or working
- Passing classes and attending classes (minimal to none unexcused absences)
- Sign releases to allow Youth in Transition Coordinator access to school performance and status
- Showing growth on goals created with Youth in Transition Coordinator
- Substance and alcohol free
- Follow all program policies and guidelines
- You must work a minimum of 30 hours a week if you have a GED/diploma and are not in full time school or training program. If you do not yet have a job, we can help you with that process.
- You must maintain employment while participating in the program.
- If you are enrolled in school or a training program, in addition you must work a minimum of 15 hours a week
- You are always responsible for your own transportation. Anchor House only provides transportation to church and quarterly outings.
- Agree to live with other residents (all females), two Residential Directors (husband and wife), and their 3 children
- Required to attend weekly Life Group every Wednesday night and Family Night every Sunday
- Meet consistently with the Youth in Transition Coordinator to set goals and check in on progress of goals
- Meet with mentor on a regular basis
- Must be attending all behavioral health service appointments and taking any prescribed medications
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.