Redeeming stories through intentional relationships.
At Ohana one of our Core Values is Faith and Community development. We believe this is best developed through having at least one significant adult relationship in the lives of the children we serve. Research shows that children who have a high ACEs score can experience healing through being able to identify at least one adult relationship. It is through this caring and consistent adult relationship that children can strengthen their resilience and begin to have hope for a better future.
- Increased independence
- Opportunity to contribute and achieve
- Experiencing a safe environment to develop skills and abilities
- Increased dignity and self respect
Adults who choose to participate with Ohana’s Work or Vocation Programs will be given a platform to find employment opportunities that fit their talents and interests within the community. Opportunities include but are not limited to: working with animals, working with local business partners such as the local trampoline park, or working within the general community.
We believe that with time, dedication, and persistent support, the adults we care for will see their unique strengths and ability to give back.
The unfortunate reality is that many children in the foster care system do not have the same relational capital that the majority people have. This means as kids continue to age and exit the foster care system they will not have someone to call when needing job, dating, or practical life advice. In addition, these youth will not have someone to spend the holidays and life milestones with. Becoming an adult mentor can change the world for one of our youth as they mature into adulthood. If you're interested in becoming a mentor, please see Requirements and Next Steps.
- At least 21 years old
- Able to pass DCS background checks and obtain Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Commitment to being a Mentor for 12 months and visiting with Mentee a minimum of 4 hours per month
- Fill out the “Interested in Becoming a Mentor” form
- Complete Application and in-person interview
- Background checks and Mentor Training
- Become matched with a Mentee
Please fill out this form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.